Thursday, July 3, 2008

Testing and Progressing

Week 36

When I found out I was pregnant, I had no idea what this experience would be like for me. I’ve always had fear regarding this process and of course, none of my fears came to fruition. You’d think me of all people would know that it doesn’t pay to be fearful when you don’t know anything about that particular subject.

I moved my 36 week OB appointment from today to Tuesday because Trenity has come down with the chicken pox. The Dr. told me that I can’t be anywhere near her and that it’s best for her to stay with her mother, so that’s what we did. The girls won’t be coming until Friday morning. They gave me a blood test to make sure I have high immunities for the pox and I should get the results soon. I’ve done nothing but work, clean and disinfect my entire house.

I’m measuring at 37.5 instead of 36. My Dr. said that it could mean that the baby will come early. I sure hope so! I was told that my little guy weighs about 6 lbs or a little over, which is normal for this stage. I asked about the strange leakage and she told me it was my cervix adjusting itself and preparing for birth, but I still won’t have it checked until week 38. They want to avoid infection. That’s really frustrating because I swear that I’ve already started to lose my plug. I just want to know how I’m progressing. I took that dirty swab test as well. I get the results of my Strep B next week.

The period-like cramps are still here and coming every day. I don’t feel like I’m contracting anymore though. All it feels like to me is pre-labor shit. It’s so weird because I haven’t felt like this since week 7. I’ve noticed that the baby has dropped too. It’s funny because now my shirts are fitting differently and since he’s so low, I can almost identify my waist! On the flip side, I still have the cankles and that really blows. I’m experiencing clumsiness. In a matter of 8 hours, I can trip over myself at least 5 times. I actually slipped and fell down the stairs, landing on my ass the other night. Nothing bad happened, but I did have sore ankles and shins for 2 days.

So now I’m getting quite anxious. I’m really sick of being pregnant at night. I’m so uncomfortable. All I want to do is clean and make sure that everything is in order so that I’m not rushing at the last minute. I’ve been washing baby clothes and started to pack my hospital bag yesterday. I still can’t decide what outfit I want to bring the baby home in. We haven’t decided on a name, but “Rocco” has become a family joke. It’s to the point where me, Dave and his family are starting to like it now. I think my mom would have a cow if I went forward with that one though, lol.

Finally, I’m waking up every morning with visuals of me in the hospital, holding my son. That and thinking about all the scenarios in which my water could break. Of course, I want it to break while I’m at home, during a time when it’s not rush hour traffic, but I have a funny feeling that I will be out and about. That would be my luck. God’s sense of humor with me has proven to be quite sick so I’ve decided to have everything packed in my car, including some towels. If I am out, I will be prepared to put the petal to the metal and roll out. I told Dave that we shouldn’t drive his car anymore because there’s not enough room in it for us, the girls and the baby stuff.

My next appointment is on Tuesday the 8th with the awesome male doctor I love. Unless something new happens, my cervix still won’t be checked until the following week, but that’s the timeframe I originally predicted for the birth when I found out I was pregnant. I told my sister July 14th and she replied with, “That’s when Andrea (our step-sister) is due”. Well, she just had her baby and 2 weeks early so I’m hoping that I will be in the same boat since all is well with my little dude. The other date I came up with is July 24th, so we shall wait and see.

No comments: