Thursday, June 26, 2008

What The Hell Is THIS?

Week 35

So the week began on a high note with Dave and I getting a date night and some much needed silence in our home. All was great until I woke up at 4am Sunday morning to some strange clump coming out of me while going to the bathroom. Not only that, but I noticed my panties were wet and no, I did not pee. I found myself thinking, “Oh good Lord, what the hell is this?“ Then I noticed signs of a yeast infection. All of this continued for the next couple of days so I decided to call my OB office and make an appointment.

I got served up to a nurse practioner who was very nonchalant about the whole thing. She acted as if she wasn’t sure if I lost my plug or not. I received a perscription for the yeast infection, which seems to be working just fine. I left there feeling like something else was going on. It’s now Thursday and the hay colored leakage has stopped so I’m guessing that it healed itself. I’m still keeping my appointment with a real doctor next Thursday. She’s supposed to check to make sure the infection is gone, give me my Group B Strep test and continue with my normal check-up. I’m also getting the Labor Day instructions, which include all the important phone numbers to call for when the action begins.

During the whole leakage fiasco, I was getting Braxton Hicks contractions. Most were painless, however, I had one big doozy hit me Monday night. I had lower back and abdominal cramps coupled with some sharp pains that crossed the top of my stomach, ugh! I didn’t bother to call the doctor because I wasn’t getting them every 15 minutes and after drinking a ton of water, they stopped. I’m now getting random lower back cramps consistently, but nothing compared to what I got the other night. I guess this is how it’s going to be from now on.

Tuesday night I chose to sleep in bed with Dave instead of on the recliner. I’ve been sleeping there because it’s easier to find a comfortable position and get out of it if need be, but it’s really lonely and I was missing my man. In the middle of the night I got this really bad leg cramp, though. It was so horrible that I woke up screaming and poor Dave bolted out of bed, thinking that I was dying or something. He rubbed the cramp out for me though. I felt sooo bad for him. Now that we’re down to the wire and only have 4 weeks left, we’re both on alert.

In light of all the recent events, I’ve decided that it’s probably time to get my shit together where the baby is concerned. I need to figure out what to put in my hospital bag. I didn’t get nearly enough necessities from my last baby shower and we’re not expecting too much from the party we’re having this Saturday. We do have some gift cards we can use to help us buy the stuff we need and we’re grateful for that! I’ve got my list ready for our shopping excursion. Every time I go to the store I’m buying diapers so that I’m not having to rush around when my little guy arrives. We still need to get a dresser for the baby’s room and finally found one online that we like and is in our price range. We’ll be ordering that soon since I’m dying to put all the clothes where they belong.

Yesterday I got a bug up my butt and decided to start washing some of the baby clothes I got from a friend. Trenity was helping me organize the baby room a bit and I had her on diaper duty, lol. She was putting the newborn diapers into the stacker, organizing some of the toys in the crib and helped me fill the diaper bag. I’ve never seen a child so excited to do a chore. My main focus for the rest of this week is making sure my house is clean for the party on Saturday and getting the basement organized. We still have moving boxes and random papers everywhere. It’s starting to drive me crazy.

On the baby front, my little man is moving around a lot. I think he can’t decide which position he wants to be in right now. Last night I felt him kicking me very hard. He must be getting sick of his environment. You and I both, son! I haven’t dropped yet, but I was told to expect that to occur starting next week. The only time I feel sick of being pregnant is at night. The baby sits really low, putting a ton of pressure on my hip and pelvic areas. It’s difficult to function properly. Why this happens at night and not during the day is beyond me. I can climb the stairs without a problem until about 9pm, lol.

No comments: