Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Still Week 37



I didn’t have time to upload those pics yesterday because I ended up in the hospital due to some major vaginal bleeding. I just had to have a little fun with Dave and that’s what I got. We were supposed to have our tour of the Labor & Delivery floor yesterday and ended up going through all the motions before our scheduled time. They did an ultrasound to make sure my placenta wasn’t too low and it’s not. Then they checked my cervix and no action there. They also did a baby stress test and he’s just fine. He’s head down and they’re not expecting him to turn again.

Today I went to my normal OB appointment. The baby is still measuring on target so he’s expected to weigh about 6.5 pounds by the beginning of next week. I get my cervix checked again on Tuesday and the doctor told me that the baby can come any time now and be perfectly fine outside the womb, nice! I’m still expected to go about a week early, which makes me happy. I’m getting to the end of my rope here, folks!

I received the results of my Strep B and blood tests. Both came out great and I’m thrilled about that for sure. No extra antibiotics for me! My doctor told me that I can resume having sex at the end of week 38 and to expect more blood, but not to worry. He said that they highly recommend that I be as active as I can, including sex, to help get this process rolling. I just have to stay out of the heat since I’ve blown up like the Goodyear Blimp!

So now all Dave and I can do at this point is wait. I really don’t like that so I’m trying to fill up my schedule as much as I can. I want to get my mind off of my impending labor and everything that comes with it. It’s not the easiest thing in the world to do, especially since I’m going to meet my son in a couple of weeks. I’m really excited now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I'm on pins and needles in anticipation :)