Sunday, July 6, 2008

We're Nesting For Real!

Week 37 - Part I

Well folks, I’m up again at 4am! I’ve been a bit psychotic about keeping the house clean for a few weeks now, but Friday morning I took it to a whole new level. Hearing Dave say to me, “Are you crazy?“ makes me believe I’m knee deep in my nesting phase. Anyone who knows me remembers the old, sloppy Cristin who didn’t bother with cleaning unless she really had to or had people coming over, lol.

Now I’m doing everything from the kitchen floor to the windows (me, windows!) The last time I went on a window cleaning binge was a few years ago in Michigan when I didn’t have electricity due to a power outage in the area. I remember my friend Dawn sitting in my parking lot, calling my mother because she couldn’t freaking believe what she was seeing, lol.

Yesterday I was calling for Dave and he seemed to have disappeared. I went to almost every room in the house and he was nowhere to be found nor would he answer me. I finally decided to take the hike up stairs and there he was, in the baby’s room, cleaning the carpet, lol. It was like that all day and I finally said to him, “My God, you’re spending a lot of time in here”, to which he replied, “Yeah, I’m nesting”. LMAO! Seeing him all proud of himself after accomplishing something in that room is too cute for words. That and watching him show off all the cool baby electronics to anyone who will pay attention makes me giggle.

We finally have the baby’s room all set. I’ll be taking some pictures and uploading them to the blog later today. The car seat and mirror is now installed in my vehicle. All we have left to do is clean the basement and finish packing our hospital bag. I think I’m going to clean out the refrigerator, make a grocery list and head off to Sam’s club so that we have enough food to last us a while.

Due to the kids and their summertime habits of running through the house with flip flops on, my carpet isn’t looking too special so I think I need to run my steam cleaner through the dining room. It’s grossing me out big time, even though it’s not the worst that I’ve seen. Speaking of the kids, I've taken my nesting phase out on them as well. After they took their bath last night, I whipped out the Q-Tips for an extensive ear cleaning session. I've never seen them look so confused.

Trenity says to me, "You're going to do what with that thing?" I said to her, "I'm going to clean your ears child!" Trenity: "Huh?" Me: "Your ears, dear. Say goodbye to the wax". Trenity's weren't that bad, but Halle's were disgusting! After the session Halle says to me, "I can hear you better now Cristin". LOL..no shit!

Baby hyphenate is still very active, especially at night after I’ve eaten. He’s dropped so low that all he can do is wiggle around, looking for a decent position. I don’t think I’m that big for 37 weeks so I’m wondering how it’s possible for me to have a 6 pound baby hanging out in there. I feel him all balled up. The only time he can stretch out is when I’m lying on my back and let me just tell you that it’s not the most comfortable thing for me to be doing at this time. My stomach is pretty hard these days and it’s weird to see the baby flip-flopping from one side to the other.

My next OB appointment is on Tuesday and I’m really excited. I don’t really know why, to be honest. Maybe it’s the cool male doctor I’m seeing. He’s very much into the technical side of this stuff and I’m hoping that I can convince him to check my cervix. Everyone at that doctor’s office just loves this guy and I’m feeling very very lucky to get him this time as he’s never at the office I go to.

That’s it for now. I will be back with the pictures later today and will post a new entry after my appointment on Tuesday. I hope you all had a great 4th of July!

No comments: