Monday, September 22, 2008

Germ Fest

So Angelo will be 8 weeks on Wednesday and he's got a cold. I'm thinking that Halle (the 4 yr old) was sick and she didn't wash her hands as she slimed all over my 'lil bubs. Yes that sounds gross, but that's how kids are. Now I'm sick and I haven't been able to work for a few days, which really bums me out. Angelo has a doctor's appointment for routine shots and now I have to consult him about how to take care of the bubs if his cold gets worse. I'm not giving him anything right now because I don't believe in meds unless it's really necessary. He doesn't have a fever or anything, but has been sleeping A LOT.

The bubs is getting pretty big now. I can't wait to find out how much he's grown and how much weighs. I've got him wearing some 0-3 months outfits, but mostly he's in a solid 3 months. Can you believe that? He's been smiling a lot more now when I speak to him. It's adorable and I love this part of being a mommy SO much! He's been using his jumperoo more lately. He's pretty long and can touch the carpet. It would be a little better for him if he were wider, but it's not time for that yet. The Bumbo chair is still going strong for Angelo...he loves it! That thing has turned out to be a lifesaver for me. When he gets bored and I need to be in my office in the basement, I can have him with me and he's happy.

His sleep schedule is going very well. He usually goes to bed around 10pm and wakes up at 7am. Then he takes his morning nap from 9am to about 11:30am/12pm. He gets another nap around 2 and usually wakes up around 4 or 5pm, depending on his morning nap or if he was disturbed at that time. With him being sick, he hasn't been getting his daytime naps in like normal. He'll take a bunch of cat naps, but still sleeps well at night and doesn't wake up at all.

Angelo is still eating 6 ounces of formula consistently with 1 ounce snacks in between. I'm going to ask my doctor about feeding him rice cereal at night more to give him an alternative and keep him happy. The bubs goes absolutely nuts (in a good way) when he sees that spoon coming in his direction. It's really funny. He's hungriest the most at night so we need to do something about that.

As for me, I feel fatter than ever! I'm not losing any more weight and it's really bothering me. I'm also bloated a bit due to being on my period. My symptoms were almost non-existant. That and it's been a pretty light flow. This cycle has been very pleasant for me. I used to get the worst PMS known to man and my period wasn't much better. The cramps I would get were the same strength as my contractions while being in labor. Isn't that something? I'm hoping it's the pill that's making this happen for me. If not, then perhaps giving birth changed things. As long as it stays this way, I'm going to be golden and beaming with joy.

I'm still working on purging my home of unnecessary crap. It's taking a while. Dave just ordered some work-out equipment and that should be arriving at our doorstep this week. Woo Hoo! He got a bike so I plan to use that every single day. It's more convenient for me anyway since we cleared out the girls' playroom and have transformed the area to suit our needs...YES! Dave also ordered a weight bench, but I'm not sure how often I'll be using that. I need to get a yoga mat or something because the carpet in my office and the work-out room isn't plush.

Anyway, I hope you're all doing well.

xoxo,
Cristin

No comments: