Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Bubs Is 8 Weeks Old!

Angelo is now 8 weeks old today and I can’t believe it! He’s getting so big, it’s not even funny. Dave and I took him to the doctor for his shots and 2 month check-up. He only cried when the nurse gave the shots and was calm almost immediately. He weighed in at 12 pounds, 4 ounces and 24.5 inches long. The doctor told us that we can give him rice cereal whenever we want as long as he continues to eat properly, meaning no choking or barfing it up. Due to Angelo being in the 97th percentile for weight and length, coupled with his need to eat A LOT, we’ll probably have him on solids sooner than most children his age, which is fine by me.

I had to buy the bubs a few new items of clothing, even though my sister is bringing me some this weekend when she comes to visit. I can only get 0-3 months if it runs big because he’s wearing 3 months consistently now. Isn’t that something? What a monster child I’m going to have, LOL! I still can’t believe I pushed him out without getting cut or ripping on the outside. I think about that and go, “Damn. First it’s the miracle pregnancy and then it was the easiest birth known to man…what’s next? Oh wait! I have the most easy going baby on Earth!” His doctor even commented on that one and he‘s not the only one.

It’s days like these that make me so thankful to have the life I do. Motherhood for me has been like a dream so far. I hear many stories about mothers who have to deal with their babies’ colic, restlessness, rage and other sorted problems. I haven’t seen one thing to be worried about with Angelo. Dave’s mom had told me while I was pregnant that you can tell what a child will be like when he gets older by observing how he is in the womb and as a baby. So I guess Angelo will be just like Dave. All he will care about is food, farting, sleep and not disturbing the peace.

Our doctor confirmed what I had believed all along about children and their behavior. It’s either in their DNA, their environment or a little of both. Since both Dave and I are pretty relaxed and easy going most of the time, our child was born with that personality. Our relationship is really fun and stable so hopefully Angelo will pick up on that and react favorably. Unfortunately we’re not good at keeping the house clean and organized all the time so we may have a lazy bum on our hands when it comes to that stuff, LOL. I communicate well and Dave is a great listener so hopefully the bubs will be both. I’m looking forward to finding that out.

Angelo is making great progress in the mimicking department. I get right up in his face and do the “O” and “AH” sounds, then he does it right back. It’s so friggen adorable to see him trying with all his might to get his lips the right way and make the sound. I’m trying to get him to recognize his name, but he only answers to Bubbas, LOL. That’s my fault. I’ll say something like, “Bubbas, Mama’s Bubbas” then he turns his head and makes clear eye contact with me. When I repeat “Mama”, he smiles big. Anytime I say his name, he looks at me like I’m nuts. He responds well to my vowel song too. “A-E-I-O-UUUUUUU!“ Don’t ask me why I decided to do that one because I couldn’t tell you. It just came out of my mouth one day.

That’s about it for the bubs. I should have new 8 week pictures in the next few days. Dave and I are still purging the house of unnecessary crap. He’s already ordered our work-out equipment and he’s trying to get that room ready. I bought a few things to help me shed this unwanted baby fat so wish me luck. 20 more pounds to go before I hit my pre-pregnancy weight!

No comments: