Wednesday, September 10, 2008

6 Weeks Later

I wanted to post a little update about Angelo. He's 6 weeks old today! Strangers come up to me and ask his age. When I tell them, they always reply with, "Oh my! He looks like he's about 3 or 4 months!" I can't believe how time flies. He's such a good, calm baby. He only cries when he's bored and when he's hungry. What kills me is that he's perfectly happy chillin' out in a loaded diaper. I don't let him, of course.

The last time he went to the doctor he weighed in at 9lbs, 12 ounces (22.5 inches long) and that was 3 weeks ago. I did the good 'ole, weigh myself, then get on the scale with the child and it looks like he's close to 11 lbs now. Wow. He eats like a little piggy so I shouldn't be too surprised, which is now 6 ounces of formula per feeding and a 1/4 cup of rice cereal at night ( only a couple of days a week). Last night he took 8 ounces before bed. I haven't measured him since his last doctor's appointment, but I can tell he's grown in length.

Bubs is sleeping throughout the night consistently now, from about 11pm to 7:30am. He takes a couple of naps during the day and I'm working on timing it better. Dave and I changed to an "every other night" rotation (him one night, me the next) for feedings and diaper changes, but it looks like we don't need it anymore. Last week he had a diaper rash and woke up around 3:30am only once per night until it went away.

Angelo has been smiling a lot, but yesterday he gave us a few BIG grins and started "talking". He's making the "ahhh, oooh and oh" sounds. While we're doing tummy time, he can push up his chest and hold his head up for long periods of time. When he's up, he's looking around and it seems like his vision is getting clearer. The bubs is facinated with Dave while he's on the laptop. He makes noises, grins and tries to push his way toward him, as if to get his attention, LOL. One of these days I'll be able to get a good picture of Angelo's smile.

Being a mommy is such a joy for me. I can't believe I was so against it. I can't imagine my life without Angelo in it. It's really been an incridible experience so far and I'm looking forward to the rest of it. He's going to be so much fun, I can feel it!

No comments: