Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Lone Preggo

Week 33

I’m on my last day of week 33 and embarking on my last 6 weeks of pregnancy. Time sure does fly by when your life is changing, doesn’t it? We scheduled our Ohio baby shower/holiday party for June 28th so that everyone can make it. It will be unisex because we don’t want a foo foo party. We just want to celebrate everything going on this month. The shower, Dave’s neice’s birthday and Dave’s birthday falls in the same week.

June is an incredibly busy month for the Lentine-Andrus household. Trenity started her day camp on Wednesday and now has junior swimming lessons every Saturday morning. Dave wanted to put her in summer school as well, but I’m not sure if we’re going to follow through with that. Halle has surgery on Monday to fix her teeth and we’re still not very happy about it. Our schedule is turning psychotic!

We’ve been going to our community pool lately, which has been a lot of fun. They have a kiddie pool, sprinkler system for the kids, a hot tub and a gigantic pool for everyone. They even have a gazebo, children’s play center and a concession stand. I don’t feel pregnant when I’m swimming. It’s kind of strange, but nice at the same time. Being in the sun totally sucks the life out of me though. I also had to suck it up and buy a plus size bathing suit. I found a really cute one that almost looks like a dress. It covers everything, thank God!

I’ve been feeling ok on the baby front. He’s been moving often so my fetal count is good. He moves so much that I lose count after 6 and I was told that I don’t need to bother after that. I’ve been getting slight stretchy cramps that come and go quickly. My sleep is still shitty since I’m getting bigger and I have to be in an upright position. It feels like this baby is sitting on my bladder all day long. It was horrible at first, but now I’m used to it.

The weather has been nuts lately. It’s been a consistent 80+ degrees with a ton of humidity. It's sunny and then we get a bizarre downpour throughout the day. I’ve had to run my air every day. Unfortunately the heat is rising upstairs, which makes the bedrooms smoldering hot. We have one of those window fans that suck the hot air out in our room and it seems to be helping. We have to get 2 more for the other rooms. Being pregnant in this heat really sucks so I’m just hanging out at home during the day for now.

Tomorrow is Father’s Day and I haven’t decided what I want to do for Dave yet. His sister mentioned going to the new water park at the Columbus Zoo, which sounds like a blast. Unfortunately for preggo over here, I can’t get on any of the fun rides and fantastic water slides. Dave is totally against it. The only thing saving me from water park loneliness is that the girls are still too short for all the major slides. They have this adult lagoon that has a swim up bar and of course, I can’t really take part in that either. There’s nothing worse than being left out of all the fun activities! So here I am, the lone preggo.

No comments: