Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Angelo Is 3 Months Old, Holy Crap!


Angelo and Mommy - 3 mos later


Bubs smiling

Tomorrow marks 3 months since I gave birth to my beautiful son, Angelo. This whole experience for me has been a bit surreal. Next month is the anniversary of my positive pregnancy tests, LOL! Time flies and it's so unbelievable! Every day I think to myself, "Oh my God I'm a mother. I have a child. Wow, I sure am blessed."


To be honest, a year ago I wasn't saying those things or even thinking them. I was too busy dealing with the fact that I was falling in love, for real, with a divorced guy who has 2 children. I know it sounds silly, but for the type of person I was back then, it was a difficult adjustment. Then I found out I was pregnant and I swear it felt like I had absolutely NO control over my life at all. I went from being single, doing whatever I wanted and whenever to changing my lifestyle completely. Now I'm in love with motherhood and am responsible for raising a human life to be healthy and happy. My priorities are completely different, with Angelo being #1...forever. What a difference a year makes, eh?


Okay, so moving on to the Bubs...


I weighed myself then weighed Angelo and it looks like he's around 14/15lbs already. Damn, that child is eating like a pig and growing like a weed! His facial features are changing as well as his coloring. His eyes are clearly brown now. He has medium brown hair and his skin has gotten a lot lighter since birth. He's peeing like a champ too, leaking through his diapers like mad. I'm using Pampers Swadlers, which I found to be the best, but still there's leakage. I'm spending a lot more time doing laundry these days.


My bubs is smiling so much now and starting to laugh often. I'm waiting for the giggle still, though. He knows when I want to take a picture and plays games. He waits until the flashes go off and then shines me a big grin. He practically cheers when I say "Mama" and I just melt. He's really taking to his Jumperoo, however, he hates the music and quite frankly, so do I. We got the Fisher Price one with the jungle animals. He's playing with the toys on it and bouncing around since his feet can touch the carpet now. About 5 minutes after we turn on the music he makes it known to us that he's in hell, LOL.


Angelo has been a bit fussy lately when I leave the room for a second or put him down when he wants to play with me. He's very particular about having me around when other people are holding him. Although he's not a whiner, if someone else is feeding him or trying to play, he's checking the room to make sure I'm there. If I get up, he follows me by turning his head and once he makes eye contact, he stares me down. He doesn't cry when others hold him and that's a good thing. He can tell the difference between mommy/daddy, other family members and strangers now. He makes these confused faces when he's with someone he's not familiar with.

Finally, the bubs is drooling a lot and chewing on everything he can reach, even his clothes. It's so funny because he's chew on his collar, then realizes that it tastes like crap and makes the "eww gross" look. I'm waiting for him to start fussing because I swear he's teething. I'm praying that he's not too fussy though.


As for me...


I've lost 40 out of the 54 lbs I've gained during pregnancy. I only lost 5 lbs in the last 6 weeks, which is really disheartening. I think the pill has everything to do with that one and that pisses me off big time! I know I could probably work out a little harder, however, having an infant to care for makes it difficult. It seems like everytime I get into the work out, Angelo wakes up from his nap. Let's not forget that I'm self-employed so I'm trying get work done as well. I have 14lbs left before reaching my pre-preggo weight, but I've got another 20 to go before I get out of minor obesity. That's what I'm calling it these days because it's true.


I haven't been getting enough sleep because Angelo has been waking up an hour and a half early this past week. He hasn't been eating his entire bottle before bed so maybe he's just hungry. I'm going to focus on getting him back to his normal sleep schedule so I can get back to mine. Dave is on baby duty tomorrow morning so hopefully my body clock won't wake me up. I'm going to try and re-adjust that tonight.

No comments: