Thursday, August 14, 2008

Two Weeks Later



Hey guys,

I'm back with my update. I can't believe that it's already been 2 weeks since I've given birth. It is said that a woman quickly forgets the pain of the birthing process shortly after it's over. I didn't think that would be true for me until now. I kind of remember how it felt, but it's slipping away. I don't ever want to forget what it felt like because it's an incredible experience. To be honest, it wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as the pregnancy so I guess that's what I should remember.

My sweet 'lil guy is gaining weight and I'm guessing he will reach 10lbs by the time his next pediatrician appointment on August 20th. He's eating like a pig now, drinking 3 ounces of formula ALL the time. It seems like all I do is feed him and change his diapers, lol. This kid is never satisfied.

He's been sleeping almost all day long, only breaking for food, diaper changes and baths. I've never seen a kid want to sleep in his own poop before. I have to constantly check his diaper to make sure he's clean or else I won't hear a peep from him. Baths are a different story, however. He absolutely hates them. He screams as if we're really hurting him. Perhaps it's been that ring they put around his pee pee after the circumcision. That's off now, by the way. It's was just hanging there and the nurses told me that it has to fall off on its own. His little belly button is now fully exposed and it's looking like he's got an "outtie".

So now back to the sleep issue...

We finally got Angelo off of the every hour and strange in between snacking feeding schedule. He's still inconsistent though, but I've heard that's common with newborns this age. Dave and I had figured out a shared schedule for midnight feedings, but it hasn't been working out. We are going to change it up so instead of me taking 12am-4am, I'll be going to 4am-7am. Dave gets real cranky with being awake a few hours before he has to be at work. The way it's been going, I've taken the entire time, leaving me with absolutely no sleep and the inability to nap during the day. Here's hoping that the new midnight schedule will allow us both to function better.

Other than the sleeping crap, being a mother has been absolutely fabulous. Sometimes I catch myself wondering how the hell this life of mine happened, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Seeing Dave with his son is quite touching. The girls finally came home to us last night after being on vacation with their mother for 2 weeks. They met their brother and are quite the little helpers, especially Trenity. I'm going to try and get some good family pictures soon. I have empty photo frames just waiting to be filled with the sunshine of my little guy's presence.

Post Partum Recovery:


With the exception of my night time madness, I'm feeling great physically. I'm still bleeding, but it's not heavy and I'm down to regular size pads, which I'm not fully saturating, thank God! No more diapers for Cristin, lol. The inflammation is pretty much gone at this point. I swear I can still feel the stitches a bit and that's really annoying. It doesn't hurt to pee anymore and I'm good to take nice, long walks around the neighborhood. Pretty soon I'll get the green light to start working out again, which will be nice since I feel like I'm wasting a lot of good energy right now.

Anyway, I'm going to try and take a nap now, though it's very difficult with all 3 kids. 2 of which fight over everything, lol. Wish me luck!

xoxo,
Cristin

No comments: