Saturday, August 30, 2008

Angelo Is A Month Old!




Angelo is now a month old and I think I'm doing really well with this new mommy business. Dave, on the other hand, is showing his lack of experience with caring for a boy. Not that I'm perfect, but he is just funny to watch. A lot goes into protecting yourself with a normal changing session. Dave has had his fair share getting peed on. You'd think by now that he would've figured out a way to avoid it like I have, but nooo, lol. Everytime this happens, Dave still backs away and lets the fountain of pee land on my carpet, grrr! It's like it's happening in slow motion and I can't get over there to help fast enough.

My 'lil bubs hasn't been feeling well this past week. Dave gave him some baby applesauce and he started getting "the runs". He's got a diaper rash because Dave didn't keep up with changing him every time he got up in the middle of the night. I was really pissed about that. The rash is starting to get better, but my poor baby is having a hard time with diaper changes.

Speaking of which, I have a funny to share with you...

Yesterday I was changing Angelo and because he has that rash, I'm having to go about it in a different way. They say to avoid baby wipes and just use water, which I am. Unfortunately, every time I get the rash cream on the way I want it, bubs decides it's safe to push out some more poop. Not only that, but with that particular session, he felt ok to not just poop, but pee as well! I didn't get shot with it, but I had to start all over again. Needless to say, I've been very frustrated. I just want his little bottom to feel better fast, but at this rate, he's going to have this rash a few more days than necessary!

Angelo is a super piggy! He's now eating between 4 and 6 ounces per feeding and is eating more often than I'd like. Dave said that at this rate, we'll be broke by the time he's a teenager, lol. Last time we took him to the doctor he was 9lbs, 12 ounces. He goes back at the end of September and I can't even imagine how big he'll be then!

I had my post partum check-up yesterday. Thank God because my stitches are starting to come out and they're bugging the shit out of my coochie. TMI, I know, but whatever. I think after the pregnancy we're passed that, lol. Anyway, my midwife went in there and trimmed them. They're supposed to dissolve, but she told me that they could just fall out as well. I'm pretty much healed up and I got the green light for REAL sex, woo hoo!!! She also gave me samples of the pill and a prescription. I have to go back for my annual PAP in December and they will see how my body is handling everything.

Unfortunately, I have to wait 2 weeks before I'm protected, but I plan to use condoms as well. Like Tiffany said, I don't need to be back in the office with a positive pregnancy test this soon. The good news is that my period will be delayed another month due to the birth control, YES! Let's just hope that happens. I will be a very happy woman if it does. Dave isn't so happy though. He thought that since I'll be on the pill that condoms are now a thing of the past. Um, NO! I got pregnant using a condom, so what makes him think that the pill is any safer? Nice try buddy, but I don't think so. 3 children in the house is plenty, thank you very much!

Since I've been given the green light to work out, I'm going to come up with a plan. I've been power walking with the baby, but now I can add more to my work-outs. I've lost 32 lbs so far and I need to lose about 20 more before I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Then I need to lose another 20 to go back to the weight I was when Dave and I met. That's a lot of poundage, I tell ya! My diet has been really good and I've been sticking with it, yay!

No comments: