Monday, May 19, 2008

Heartburn Hell



Week 29


This week has been very uncomfortable for me physically due to this pregnancy and I know it’s only going to get worse from here on out. I did nothing but struggle to fall asleep and get enough rest in general due to back pain and late night heartburn. It didn’t matter what I ate or how much water I drank, I ended up in heartburn hell. The only position I could tolerate was sitting straight up with a dozen pillows supporting my back and head. The wall behind me looked liked I was growing pillow ivy, that’s how many I had stacked up above my head, I promise you!

Need to save money on gas? Come visit me, I’ve got plenty of it! It’s really too bad that I can’t fuel up my car with the gas I’ve got going on in pregnant lady land. It feels like there’s enough to serve the entire Columbus area. Too much information? Well, unfortunately that’s the reality of the situation right now. It’s so bad sometimes that it’s painful to get my big booty to the bathroom.

Oh and speaking of my big booty, I finally weighed myself after many weeks of avoiding the scale and I wish I would’ve stayed away longer. I’ve packed on almost 35 lbs and I still have 2 more months to go! What’s keeping me sane is hearing my friends tell me that they gained a lot as well and that it gets better. I must have the pregnancy fat gene because my sister wasn’t exactly tiny either. For the most part of this journey I’ve kept it safe and healthy, however, I did vacation in temptation island at times. That’s junk food heaven for those who don’t already know. I can’t even lie about that one…

On the baby front, he’s been moving A LOT more than normal. So much that I kept praying for a day of rest (literally). My request was granted on Sunday when I spent the day shopping with my friend Marianne. I’m seeing certain unidentifiable appendages sticking out of my tummy now. I really wish I knew what they were. I have to say that I feel lucky my little guy is staying away from the rib cage and just sticking to the southern hemisphere. I’m carrying really low and deep, which is more comfortable, so I‘ve been told. My next OB appointment is this Friday morning and Dave is coming with me so he can hear the baby’s heartbeat. I’ve got a lot of questions for my midwife and I’m going to look into having a water birth. I’m not expecting much from that, but it’s worth a try.

I started week 30 on Sunday. 10 more weeks to go! I can’t believe I’m here already. I swear it feels like I just took that pregnancy test yesterday. Dave and I are going to Michigan for our first baby shower on May 30th. His parents are leaving for their vacation the same day so we can’t borrow their van. I have to pray that we don’t get too many big boxes so that I can pack it all in my car. I haven’t traveled this far since Christmas so I’m hoping that the ride isn’t too uncomfortable. I’m really excited to see my friends and family. I’m also going to make a pit stop to the mystical store since the one here sucks now.

No comments: