Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bumps in the Night




Week 27


I’m porking out, yo! This week I’ve noticed my pregnant belly has pushed out big time. I’m starting to lose my “innie” belly button, I can feel my uterus right under my breasts and the baby is moving a lot there. It’s a funky feeling and it’s taken me a couple of days to get used to it. The little guy is starting to throw punches. I guess my joke to Dave about him being an “Ultimate Fighter” when he’s older may be right on target, lol. Last night it was so strong that I could see and feel, what I believe to be his little fist, popping through and I could almost grab it. Weird.

My friend Stacy has warned me since the beginning of the pregnancy to stay calm and try not to freak out over stupid stuff because the baby will feel everything I do. Well, I had my proof the other night. I woke up in the middle of the night quite emotional about an issue and the baby didn’t stop moving, poking and kicking until I calmed down. Even though I believed Stacy before, this little reality has moved me to change my perspective and alter the amount of responsibilities I’m taking on.

I’m back to having trouble sleeping again because now this child seems to be active all day and night. Dave and I are slugs when it comes to our sleep. We can normally go down at any time and for hours so with any luck, the baby will take after us in that regard once he’s born. Unfortunately, we both love to eat so I’m guessing this child is going to be a little piggy like his mommy and daddy and you know what that means…up every 2 hours.

I went to the Dr. on Thursday for my Glucose test. The orange crap I drank tasted like flat soda, but I was able to get it down in 5 minutes like I was supposed to. The nurse had to stick me a few times in each arm because my veins weren’t cooperating. She measured my uterus and I was right on target for 27 weeks. The baby’s heartbeat was at 160, as usual.

I met a new doctor in the practice and she told me that I wouldn‘t be getting another ultrasound, no more blood tests and they won‘t be checking my cervix until 38 weeks, unless I call them with something out of the ordinary. That makes me a bit nervous because my friend Dawn is having major complications with her pregnancy. I’m feeling tempted to go and pay for a 3/D ultrasound so I can get my little guy measured and weighed. I’m also dying to get a glimpse of his features since those pictures are quite amazing.

Pregnancy Symptoms for the Week:

* Constipation (ugh!)
* Gas
* Stretchy cramps
* The waddle
* Extreme fatigue


My next appointment is at 30 weeks and I’m having Dave go so he can hear the baby’s heartbeat. He hasn’t been able to experience that since the ultrasound at 7 weeks when I was bleeding and it wasn’t very clear then. After that I’ll be going to my appointments every 2 weeks.

No comments: