Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Welcome To Poochville

Week 12

I’ve made it to 12 ½ weeks without turning psycho bitch on anyone! I really thought that pregnancy would unleash the monster within, but Dave tells me otherwise. Nice. I’m only getting emotional when someone pisses me off to the point where I can’t hold it in any longer. When I’m on the PMS, I turn into a different person so it’s great to see that pregnancy is making me react less hormonal and sweet. You’d think this would make me want to be pregnant all the time…LOL!

Pregnancy symptoms this week:

* Light heartburn
* A touch of insomnia
* Headaches (new)
* Fatigue and laziness
* Stretchy cramps

Symptoms that are subsiding:

* Frequent urination
* Needing to eat every hour
* Gas
* Painful boobies (for now)
* Pinching nerves

This week I’ve officially entered Poochville. I used to say that I’m bloated, but now I’m starting to take the pregnant woman shape. I’m feeling like I have to be careful of what I eat because I started this pregnancy a little fatter than I would’ve liked. My tummy wouldn’t be this blown out at 12 weeks if I were at my normal size. It doesn’t matter what I eat though, the minute I do my stomach pooches out and I feel like a heffer. I weighed myself this morning and I’ve gained 5 pounds. That’s not too bad, right?

I went to the Motherhood store with Dave last night to check out prices and maybe get a new pair of maternity jeans. The ones I bought a couple of weeks ago are okay, but I wanted something cuter. I was surprised at how cheap the clothes were as I’ve always thought they were off the chain expensive. I also got a new shirt. What made me laugh was the pregnancy pillow you can try on with the clothes. I told Dave that if I look like this in 3 months, our kid would be an alien baby since the pillow was all lumpy and deformed.

What really excited me was the fact that my ass isn’t as big as I thought. I fit into petite mediums. Whooo hoooo! Unfortunately I’ll be wearing large and extra large shirts because my boobs are the size of watermelons and I highly doubt they‘ll be deflating any time soon. Perhaps that’s where a portion of my weight lies. I’m telling you, each breast has got to be about 5 pounds a piece, at least!

My next OB appointment is February 5th and I'll be about 15 weeks along. It's just a check up and they'll probably do more tests, ugh. I really hate needles, but I'm dealing with it better than I thought.

See y'all next week!

No comments: