Monday, February 11, 2008

My Baby Likes Rap Crap!

Week 16

Here is a picture of me when I woke up this morning and no, I didn't bother to brush my hair, lol. You can finally see my baby bump!





I’ve made it to week 16 and all is well. My belly is growing and I’ve been documenting with pictures. Check out my photo album to see the comparison shots. I still don’t have enough maternity shirts so I’m going shopping this week. There’s nothing more annoying than not having anything to wear. I’m sick of bumming it every day. I’m going to weigh myself at the end of the week because I’m worried that I may be gaining too much, even though I don’t feel or look it. I’m starting to get some of my energy back this week. It’s nice to be able to work hard and not need a nap by 1pm. Today I woke up at 5am so I will be taking one just to keep my body balanced.

Last night Dave and I were watching part of the Grammy Awards because there really wasn’t anything else on. When Kanye West was performing, I felt the strongest kick/movement I’ve ever gotten so far. I’m guessing this child was reacting to the music. Actually, I did like the song he was performing, but I’m not normally a huge fan of rap. Now I understand why it drove my mother nuts when I was a teenager. I will say, however, that my “old school rap” was much better than the “Move bitch, get out the way!” BS blaring from top 40 radio these days.

We finally told the kids about the move and the baby. They were really excited and happy, which I knew they would be. Dave’s ex-wife turned our situation into a “poor me, you have everything and I have nothing” cry session. Literally, she had to hang up on Dave because she was bawling her eyes out. Unbelievable! At least everyone knows and we can move on with our lives. It’s onward and upward for me, bitches!

I’m going to start packing since I know Dave will need some help. I want to be ready on time for the move because I’ve always been a last minute everything in the past. Last minute packing, Christmas shopping or anything else that requires me to get off my lazy butt, with the exception of work. I already started going through my home office to see what I can get rid of. I found a ton of pictures that I should no longer have in my possession. Pictures of my ex-fiancĂ©e don’t belong in my home. I couldn’t believe I missed those when I moved out of state. I also have some furniture with imprints of my ex’s I have to dump. I really can’t wait for this move!

Pregnancy Symptoms So Far This Week:

* Fairly frequent urination
* Growing belly
* Mild stretchy cramps
* Feeling hungry a lot (it’s back!)


That’s all for now. I may post another entry at the end of the week if anything new comes up.

xoxo,
Cristin

No comments: