Saturday, November 22, 2008

4 Months and Ready for Change!

Angelo turned 16 weeks old this past Wednesday. He went to the doctor for his 4 month check-up and shots. He weighed in at 16 lbs, 1 ounce and he's 25 inches long, which is exactly what I thought he'd be. He's average for his weight and length and I'm just fine with that. The doctor told us that he needs to be on solids twice a day now, but Angelo isn't taking to it just yet. I'm going to let Angelo guide me as I have been and I think that will make for a smooth transition. Right now he's eating 6-8 ounces of formula about 5 times a day and taking solids about once a day.

Bubbas can roll over from his stomach to both sides and is doing this in his sleep still. He's been waking up in the middle of the night, anywhere from 3:30-6:30am still. He slept until 8 a couple of mornings this week though. I'm trying to get him on a better nap schedule during the day and it's trial and error at the moment. If he's not ready to go down, he'll flip over to his back and cry for a bit. He's been falling asleep on my chest the last couple of days and I think it's due to the residual effects of the shots.

Dave bought the Bubs a few new outfits and a booster seat so he can sit with us at dinner time. That seems to be working out quite well. I feel like we don't have enough clothes for his age, but that's probably because he's constantly leaking through them and spitting up. I'm still doing laundry like mad crazy and I've accepted that it won't end until he's old enough to do his own.

Angelo is still reacting poorly to his car seat, but has grown out of screaming while in the car. He falls asleep when we're driving and that's been wonderful! I can't wait until he can sit up on his own so I won't have to drag the carrier around everywhere I go. He is still showing a great interest in the Baby Einstein video I bought him. I hear him whining when it's over and then he needs something else to do. It's kind of funny.

That's about it for the Bubs. Now on to me...

This is placebo week for me with "the pill" and I started my period. Yay! This means that my body has taken to it and everything seems to be on track. I'm going to make my OB/GYN appointment for next month and get my prescription for a year.

I bought a digital scale this week because I want to know my actual weight. There's an interpretation error with the one I have. I did get confirmation that I've lost 3 pounds, so I'm glad about that. I still have a long way to go, but I'm starting to get motivated again. I'm taking the time to cook more now and I think that will help keep my family healthy. Dave is a bit of a challenge since he's not into veggies and practically LIVES on pizza.

Right now I'm working on a natural body detox because my physical energy level is quite low. I'm drinking a lot more water and organic tea, but I can't seem to give up my coffee just yet. I have to get rid of my fatty coffee creamer and go back to soy. I'm also going to stop eating so much red meat. That stuff just plugs me up. I went Vegetarian for about a year the last time I was over weight and I lost 40 lbs, but I'm not quite ready for that type of change. My eating habits are awful. I have been skipping breakfast and only eating a small lunch and normal dinner so that's got to change now.

My household has been upside down and chaotic for a while and I'm working on a new plan. I changed the girls' chore day to Fridays and I'm doing a massive sweep for the rest of the house. One room a day and then we can all maintain it better. Dave and I haven't had a lot of time to do stuff so I'm going to come up with a way to change that as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you realize that you have not updated in 9 days?